CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

A Wise Friend

Tonight I was talking to someone that I would consider a wise friend, she made the comment that I don't blog enough and that I really should, as it is a great way to remember the day to day happenings..You know what she is right. So here are this weeks happenings.( Before I black them out because they may be to traumatic to remember!!! It takes a couple of minuets but I can usually laugh a short while after the events..usually!)
Monday night was literally the worst night in our parenting career. Around 11.30 ( I was still up stalking peoples blogs..Adam was asleep in our room) I hear the bathroom door slam shut with all together to much force and noise more importantly for that time of night. I actually think to myself.."does Adam want the children awake now??" The noise continues on, shower door crashing shut then the water turns on..at this point I am curious enough to move from my comfy position to investigate.. There is Bitsy standing in the shower bay "Hiya Momma" I pick him up, change him into dry clothes. I then go into our room(that we share with Bitsy) wake the sleeping Adam and tell him that if he wants me to sort Spencer out...Don't send him roaming around the house in the hope that he will go straight to me. Well I made a mistake (as Adam knows that rarely happens... :)) Adam denied getting him out of the cot and telling him to go and find mummy, then crawling back into the bed to resume uninterrupted sleep. Odd, I thought. So popped him back into the cot, then to our absolute horror over he climbed... We weren't ready for this little turn! We evacuated the room and commenced operation put child back into cot. With out a word of a lie it was 4.40 in the morning when he stopped jumping out and finaly gave into sleep. During the course of the night all sorts of ways to stop him came to our minds and we were actually laughing and enjoying that time together. Adam and I were topping and tailing on our couch for the two hours sleep we got during the night .. I was woken up to Addisons face really close to mine (I forgot to mention that I had a little cut on my face) and he was running his hands through my hair and said to me "momma did a tiger scratch your face?" "I hungry now I need my weetbix"...big pause "PLEEESE???" It made me laugh out loud that the most rational reason for a scratch on my face to my 3 year old was of course that I had been scratched by a tiger! What else would you think right..To make it even funnier to my slightly overtired self..I hear Lillie say "don't be dumb Addy is was probably the cat" We don't have a cat!

I love my life

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I have been wondering how you are..
Busy. I can see.

Your friend is right.
I have decided that instead of always thinking I need to have something important to share.. I'm going to post even the little day-to day things for me.. my journaling.. and if anyone else cares to read it.. them as well.

Life is life. Sometimes it's grand.. and other times it's hard. I want to document it...

Greta said...

Thanks for the post ... our children are only little for such a short time and the day-to-day happenings are forgotten over time ...
I know ... as I haven't recorded a lot of things.
Enjoy your short time as a Mother to young ones ...